Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beastie Boys - Pass The Mic

MCA has been one of my favourite MC's for a long, long, long time. I used to love it - and still do - how the timbre of his voice perfectly offsets the nasal stylings of Mike D and AdRock.

I also wanna give him props for being the realest and least "fashionable" motherfucker in the crew.

When he passed away I thought the best way to pay tribute to him would be to throw some of his music up here on the blog. Trouble was, he's done a whole lot of def jams and I couldn't decide which one(s) to put up. There are plenty of MCA tribute mixes out there, but to post one of those would be taking the easy way out - not to mention I would have no say in what songs were in the mix.

So as opposed to doing nothing at all, I decided to start by putting one of my favourite B-Boys tracks up. This is track 3 off Check your Head - my favourite Beastie Boys album, released over 20 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...