Wednesday, August 29, 2012

General Surgery - The League of Extraordinary Graverobbers

Getting back to business, I'm happy to be able to share one of my favourite death/grind tracks from Swedish stalwarts "General Surgery". They formed in the 80s and since then have taken a massive hiatus of about 15 years, before re-grouping to record and release the 2006 album "Left Hand Pathology".

An aside - I have always really liked the band's name, although I can't explain why. I guess there's a simplicity to it, compared to other bands of this ilk, and that gives you (or me at least) some fucking inclination or something that the music is going to destroy. Killer track name as well, and album name for that matter.

Lastly, the riff. One of the best metal riffs I've heard. I guarantee there would have been more than a handful of guitarists who, upon hearing it, would have been spewing that they didn't come up with it. If your head doesn't automatically move in a steady back and forth motion to this song, see a doctor. Or better yet, a surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...